Every teacher, employed or retired, deserves to be appreciated and told a lot of nice things on the Teacher Appreciation Day anywhere in the world.
For many educational groups, teachers serve as vital role models. As a result, it’s critical to take aside time to thank them, respect their work, and show your support for educating and guiding pupils in the proper direction.
In the lives of children, teachers and educators play a critical role. They aid in the development of young minds and motivate kids to take on new challenges daily.
Teachers are trusted by parents to look after their children and help them grow into intelligent, compassionate adults. It’s a profession that necessitates a great deal of patience, understanding, and dedication for a lifetime.
With everything they do, it’s only fair that we express our gratitude to teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day!.
Table of Contents
What is Teacher Appreciation Day?
Teacher Appreciation Day, also known as Teachers’ Day or National Teacher Day, is a national holiday celebrated in the United States every year. National Teacher Day is “a day for thanking teachers and acknowledging the lasting contributions they make to our lives,” according to the National Education Association.
The event is held every first full week in May, with the major day being Tuesday. Students prepare gifts, thank you notes, and appreciation letters to offer to their instructors throughout the week-long celebration. Many schools are holding events to commemorate the anniversary.
However, countries in the other part of the world celebrate their teachers every October 5, which is world teacher’s day.
Read also: 15 Best Ways to Say Thank you in Chinese
A Brief History Of Teachers Appreciation Day
In 1944 Political and educational leaders began discussions for a day to honor teachers. Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded the 81st Congress to proclaim Teachers’ Day In 1953.
Congress declared March 7, 1980, as Teacher Day. The National Education Association continued to observe Teacher Day on the first Tuesday in March until 1985 when the National PTA established Teacher Appreciation Week as the first full week of May.
The NEA Representative Assembly then voted to make the Tuesday of that week Teacher Day.
Why Teacher Appreciation Day?
A teacher is a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence, or virtue. Teachers fill a complex set of roles, which vary from one society to another and from one educational level to another.
No matter how old we grow, and who we become, we cannot forget the lessons taught by our teachers. These professionals build the foundation for our moral values and nurture us with their love and care.
There are so many reasons we should make out time and appreciate teachers, some of these reasons are;
How To Observe Teacher Appreciation Day
In other to make teacher appreciation day memorable, you have to do something spectacular. You can do extra by researching creative ways you can show your teachers you appreciate their hard work. we have put together the best ideas for you below!
30 Nice Things To Say To Your Teacher
Without your teacher, you would not be where you are now. They are deserving of some words of gratitude and admiration and when best than the Teacher Appreciation Day?.
Explore these 50 well-composed appreciation words from kids, students, colleagues, and guidance to teachers on their appreciation day if you’re not sure where to begin.
1. At that point I felt like giving up, your words of advice inspired me not to quit. You’ve made a positive difference in my life. I’m grateful!
2. Today I celebrate you for being selfless, devoted, hardworking, and the wisest person in the classroom. I am grateful to be your student. Happy Teacher’s Day!
3. You saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. Thank you for helping me discover myself.
4. A teacher must be creative. I appreciate you because I would not be where I am today in my education skills.
5. You have always been an excellent educator. You got me interested in science with your enthusiastic teaching. Happy teachers’ day to you!
6. You inspire, motivate, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning. Thank you for creating a fun and safe educational environment for me. You are a good teacher.
7. You were so kind and helpful, you guided me to do the right things and make the right choices. Thank you for caring so much
8. Words alone can’t repay all the efforts and hard works you invested to bring out the best. I feel grateful for having a teacher like you!
9. You are an excellent educator who knows exactly how to illuminate a soul with its light. I appreciate your nice and good teachings. Happy teachers’ day to my favorite teacher!
Teacher appreciation Day message from students
10. We appreciate you because of all of the work you put in to give us a good education. You are a blessing in our life. Happy teacher’s day!
11. We are forever grateful for everything you have for me. You show us the bright side when we make a small mistake on our tests and let us fix them to get a better grade. Happy teachers’ day!
12. Happy teacher’s day! It has been an honor to get to learn so many things from you; thanks for inspiring us! We need more instructors like you in our schools and universities.
14. You were a safe zone for us. Thanks for being our parents, teacher, and friend. We all owe you so much! Happy teacher’s day!
15. It’s been an utmost honor to be able to attend your classes; you taught us in the most possible friendly way! Thank you for being kind to us!
16. Thank you for driving us to reach our potentials and making us think beyond practical boundaries. We are thankful for everything.
More Awesome Teacher Appreciation Day messages
17. Thank you for teaching me a subject I thought I could never understand or be interested in. Thank you for making learning fun. Happy Teacher’s Day!
18. You taught me how to speak to other people and learn about their culture. Your positive energy helped me so much to survive my College days! Happy teacher’s day!
20. Teaching is the best profession anyone can ever have. You helped me strive to be the best version of myself and you brought out the best in me. Happy teacher’s day! I wish you have a wonderful time today!
21. Thank you for being my second parent and a fantastic mentor. You truly deserve this day so much. Happy teacher’s day to my most beloved teacher!
22. I consider you the greatest teacher. There is no dull moment in your lessons. Every word you say is so full of wisdom. I respect you with all my heart. Happy teacher’s day!
23. Teachers have to lead by example, and you have always been an excellent example to follow. As a student, I feel very grateful to have such a great mentor in my life. Happy Teacher’s Day!
23. You are the best Teacher in this world. Wherever I may go in my life, I will always remember that I had an excellent guide in the form of a teacher, you. Thank you!
Read also: How Long is SAT and How to Manage that Time
Thank-you Teacher Messages To Teachers From Parents
24. Thank you for being an excellent educator for our child! We appreciate your time, your patience, and your efforts. Happy teachers’ day!
25. You show our child how to behave properly, you teach him invaluable lessons, and you make him learn from his mistakes. I appreciate you. Happy Teacher’s Day!
26. Thanks for supporting our child when she was weak. You enlightened her all through. Wishing you a glorious and happy teacher’s day!
27. A good company can be very helpful in building one’s personality. You guided our child like a mentor and accompanied him like a friend. You are the best! Happy teacher’s day!
28. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with my child. We hope someday our daughter will grow up to be just as educated and wise as you! Happy teacher’s day!
29. Very few people have the courage and dedication to take the education of today’s youth into their own hands, but you are doing an amazing job. Happy Teacher’s Day!
30. Thanks for having a big heart and looking forward to making this world a better place with your warm and kind heart! The world needs more teachers like you!
Some School-inclined Nice Things to Teachers
31. With your help, I am so proud of all I have achieved. Thank you for being such an extraordinary teacher.
32. I don’t think I could’ve gotten through this year without you. When I needed it the most, you were there to help. Thank you for all of your guidance and support.
33. Thank you for taking the time to help me recently. You don’t know it, but it made a huge impact on my studies. I am so thrilled to have a teacher like you!
34. You’ve not only been my teacher this year, but also a mentor, a confidant, and a friend. Thank you for being there with me when I needed it most.
35. You’ve always had high expectations for me, but I know it’s because you understood my potential, even when I didn’t. Thank you for having faith in me.
36. Every topic you teach, you manage to make it interesting and engaging. I never thought I could have this much fun learning! Thank you for all the hard work you do!
37. You work so hard, and I want to make sure your work doesn’t go unnoticed. You’re a phenomenal teacher, and I’m so lucky to have the opportunity to learn from someone as talented as you.
38. You’re not just a teacher for the school, but a teacher for life. I have learned so many things from you that will guide me always. Thank you.
39. I feel like I’m so confident now, and I realized it’s because you have confidence in me. Thank you for helping me realize my potential!
40. A teacher like you is a gift to any student. You’ve been a guide when I felt lost and a friend when I needed one. Thank you so much.
Other Nice Teacher Appreciation Day things to say
41. It means so much that you would always take the extra time to help our child this semester. Thank you for making such a huge impact!
42. Thank you, teacher, for taking extra time out to help me recently. I genuinely appreciate it!
43. I remember when I was so shy, but you helped me come out of my shell. Thank you for having faith in me.
44. When I look back on my education, I know I will remember you as my favorite teacher. You’ve inspired me in more ways than you know.
45. Even when you were busy or stressed, you never gave up on me, and I’m so grateful for that. Thank you for being such a remarkable mentor!
46. You’ve been such a pivotal figure in my life. You’ve not only educated me, but you set me up for a life of success. Thank you so much!
47. You bring such positive energy into the classroom. Thank you for being a highlight of my day!
48. No question is ever too big for you, and that’s what makes you such an outstanding teacher.
49. I know the work you do is hard, but you do it so effortlessly. You were born to be a teacher, and I got lucky enough to be taught by you!
50. You have shown me that I can do anything I put my mind to. Thank you for having faith in me.
Always seek a chance to tell a teacher why they rock. It will make them feel amazing and encourage them to do more.
When is Teacher Appreciation Day 2022?
Teacher Appreciation Day 2022 will be on Tuesday, May 4, 2022.
The wonderful messages in this post will help you thank your instructor and express your admiration for them. Celebrate Teacher’s Day with pride and reverence.